Monday 15 July 2013

The Walking Dead Season 1

I've always be lagging behind in the hype of the latest blockbuster film or the latest must see tv show. I'm not a big tv watcher and would much prefer to spend my evenings unwinding with a good book or listening to music, however the ongoing hype for the American TV programme The Walking Dead has finally gotten to me. My brother raves about it and I see it regularly advertised on social media/networking sites.



I wanted to have a look at some reviews and came across this Website. They summarised the series:

 Based on a comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, a small group of survivors, led by officer Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), must fight a world full of zombies

I decided to rent the boxset instead of buy it, and last night I managed to watch a few episodes. I didn't have any expectations, were they walking zombies or the new fandangled running zombies? Just how gory was it? And most importantly, were there many jumpy moments? You know the kind, where the music starts getting a little creepier then a zombie jumps out of nowhere, sending your heart racing a mile a second and unable to sleep that night without dreaming of them. No? Must just be me then!!

Anyhow, although I managed to only watch a few episodes, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rick Grimes is a great lead character, the supporting members have been cast well and it has just enough gore for me. The special effects used for the zombies is fantastic, very gruesome looking but not scary at all, which is a big thumbs up for a scardy-cat like me.



My favourite part of the show is the very delicious Norman Reedus, who plays the volatile and short-tempered Daryl Dixon. He's just so pretty to look at and his character adds that little bit extra to an already great cast.



If you haven't seen this series before, but enjoy the odd zombie-filled-guts-and-gore-fest, then I'd recommend it to you.

If you have already watched this series, let me know what you think. Who is your favourite character? What is you favourite and worst part?

I haven't been compensated in any way for this review, this is my own honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment