Thursday 26 September 2013

Our evening rambling round the woods

There is nothing I love more than taking the kids out for a nice walk after dinner, especially as the evenings are getting that little bit cooler.

We wanted to go conker hunting, but when we got there, the tree we normally get them from had been stripped bare!! I made the decision to go for a little ramble along the woods and see what else we could find.

I remember as a child, my dad and stepmum would take me rambling through the woods on a Sunday after dinner, I loved it and can still remember that time spent with them to this day. My 2 love nature, they love walking through the woods, spotting wild animals, trying to find different things to bring home. Even though Damian is 10 and Erin is 5 and have very little interests in common, this is something they love doing together and I'm more than happy to indulge them.

I can't believe I didn't take my camera with me, however I did take some pictures when we got home.

We managed to stumble across lots of bramble bushes full of blackberries, however we came out a little unprepared and I only managed to grab a handful to bring home, Erin has decided that she would like them as part of her school packed lunch tomorrow, which again got me thinking. Why do I pay stupid prices for blackberries at the supermarket, when we can go for a little ramble and pick them ourselves. So tomorrow evening, as long as it stays dry, we are going rambling again but this time armed with a container and a bag.










I'm linking this post up with Cold Tea and Smelly Nappies for her Thrifty Thursday Blog Hop


And also with Clarinas Contemplations for her Savour The Season Blog Hop


ClarinasContemplations

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Thank you for linking up to #ThriftyThursday Looks like you got some lovely bits there. All the blackberries have gone here now :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Gina, I'm not following your blog and will hopefully be joining in every week. I do love a good link party x

      Delete
    2. Of course that was supposed to say I'm now following your blog lol x

      Delete
  2. We were meant to go blackberrying last week but couldn't make it :(

    Lovely post

    Futures; a Beauty & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. We went back the following evening armed with lots of tubs and took home loads. I hope you manage to go soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I love when the weather gets a bit chillier, I'll cook a big pot of soup, go out for a walk then come home to a warm toasty house and a big bowl of HM soup x

      Delete
  5. Gosh this post has reminded me of how much I love autumn! Homemade soup, walking through the woods, ahhhh fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is my favourite time of year, I love everything about it x

      Delete
  6. Love the idea of blackberry picking! There is something extra special about picking them yourself!! Thanks fr linking up with #SavouringtheSeason xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all my daughter talks about now, she wants to go blackberry picking all the time x

      Delete