Sunday 2 March 2014

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - Review


I have to hold my hand up and admit I have no skincare routine in place, well I suppose I do if you count using a wet flannel or a wet babywipe as a routine, but I very rarely use products on my skin.

Now that I'm heading towards my mid 30's and those fine lines are creeping around my eyes, I thought to myself I should really have a skincare routine (I should have started in my 20's, but it's far too late for that now). I had some products left over from when I subscribed to a certain beauty box, one of which was the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.

The directions as stated are:

After cleansing, dispense into wet hands and create a creamy paste. Massage onto face for one minute, avoiding the eye area, then rinse.

So last night, after I had washed my face, I emptied some of the powder onto my palm - about a teaspoon amount - created a paste like texture and lathered it onto my skin. I used a Facial-Loofah to really grind the paste into my skin and get rid of all the gunk and grime.

After doing this for about 60 seconds, I rinsed it off using warm water and patted my skin dry with a clean towel.

The results were amazing, even after just the first application, my skin felt clean and it definitely looked as though a layer had been taken off, which is what I wanted to achieve.

My skin did become red and hot to the touch but this is to be expected, it wasn't painful or uncomfortable and it soon died down after an hour or so.

As soon as I woke up this morning, I immediately looked in the mirror to observe my skin and I'm ecstatic with the results, my skin is clear and noticeably younger looking, it looks healthy and it feels smooth and soft. If these are the results after just 1 application, what will the results be after 7 or even 30 applications.

Now I just need to find myself a nice moisturiser!!

Note ~ I received this sample through a beauty box subscription which I paid for myself, I was not paid for this review and the words are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment