Friday 14 March 2014

Word of the Week


Further to my previous post about 'Acceptance', this week is all about change.

Now that I'm making an almighty effort to accept myself for how I am, I've been making a few tweaks here and there.

First of all, I had most of my hair cut off, it was very long, but seeing as my hair is naturally curly, the weight of it was pulling the curls out. My hair is now shoulder length and the curls much more pronounced.


One side looks longer than the other, but that's because I have my head turned to one side (I've also had another inch or so taken of the length since this pic was taken).

Another change is to always look my best, this is for no other reason than how it makes me feel...For example, if I go out wearing a pair of baggy jeans and a shapeless top with my hair tied up and no make-up on, I don't feel very good about myself, I try to blend into the background, yet if like today I put on a pair of leggings with a dusky pink lace tunic-style dress and my new brogue heels, with my hair down and a touch of make-up, I feel much more confident, like 'Hey, look at me, don't I look great?'. Confidence is a great thing.


Not the best lighting for a selfie, but you get the idea.

It's little baby steps, but they are all in the right direction. 


The Reading Residence

Mother.Wife.Me

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Looking fabulous!! Your hair looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is amazing #jealous - how lovely that you are feeling so confident too, you certainly should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. So positive, moving on from last week, too. Your hair looks fab - oh, to have curls! And I absolutely agree with you about making more of an effort, as it affects your confidence so much. Go, you! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair, it's fabulous! I agree completely on making a bit of an effort with clothes etc, it makes me feel so much better too. #BlogClub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your hair cut, it looks beautiful #BlogClub

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair! Good for you maybe I should take a leaf out of your book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good word... and your hair looks very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hair, it really suits you. Great outfit too. It is all about confidence and it sounds like you're doing just the right things to make yourself feel better. Good for you. #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I am a terror for just scraping my hair back, shoving on jeans and wearing no make up even though I know I feel much better about myself if I've made a bit more effort! Your hair looks lovely and you look afb in that piccy :) xx #allaboutyou

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am v. envious of your fringe, I just had one cut and it looked great for a few days, but now I have to style it myself.. I've had a hair clip holding it back ever since!! Good for you that you're finding your confidence, look forward to seeing your confidence grow over the coming months. Thanks for linking up to #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading this post! Self acceptance and doing more of what makes us feel good, perfect reading for #AllAboutYou. Also, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Self acceptance and making an effort with what you wear are so important in how it makes you feel. Lovely post, thank you so much for linking to #AllAboutYou x

    Mama-andmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so right, and you look absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete