Monday 10 February 2014

Valentines Day for the single person

I'm not one of those single people who hate to be single on Valentines Day. It's a day of celebration and whether I'm single or in a relationship, I celebrate the day with the people I love the most.

But I also take some time to reflect on myself too, after all you should love yourself. Whether that sounds very arrogant or conceited, you should be very proud of yourself, accept who you are and love the person you are.

On Valentines Day last year, myself and the kids made cards and Lovebugs for each other then Erin made some cards for her Grandparents. You can read about it here.


It's not so lonely for me on Valentines Day, as I have my children to keep me company, but what other ideas are there for all those single women who don't have children.

  • Round up your other single friends and go out for a few drinks.
  • Host a dinner party for your single friends.
  • Have a RomCom movie night with popcorn and other nibbles.
  • Treat yourself to something you've wanted, like jewellery, a new book, a bunch of flowers or a manicure etc.


Or if you're one of these people that think Valentines Day is a load of mumbo jumbo, then you can just ignore the whole day.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good day, Laura - single or not!
    Emma x.

    ReplyDelete