Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!!

So here we are with another New Year...2014!! I have so many goals and aspirations for 2014 but I'll begin by summing up 2013.

2013 was the year I got my life back. 2012 was the worst year I've ever had bar none!! I suffered with severe stress and anxiety, so much so that I was signed off sick from work for months. I never want to experience another year like 2012, but I accept that it happened and view it as a lesson learnt.

2013 was the year I fixed my well-being, I let go of all the grudges, all the anger and I've never felt so happy or settled. I spent a lot of time making memories with my children, there were a few minor changes made, but the rewards we reaped as a result were amazing.

We ended the year together as a family, just the 3 of us. I definitely wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for the love of my children, they make me want to be a better person.

Now onto 2014, this is the year I want to change my image. I've worn the same clothes and had the same haircut for so many years, I desperately need a change plus I think it'll be the best way to carry on another amazing year. I'd like to finally shift the weight this year, so I'm thinking that an image overhaul may be the catalyst needed for me to stay motivated in my weight-loss journey.

My other goals for 2014 is to carry on creating memories with my children, decorate my house from top to bottom and become more organised (that's a long sorry story but needs to be addressed). I want to reconnect with my family, I've pushed them aside for so long, and while they have always been there for me, I feel I haven't appreciated it. There are other goals but these are the main ones I want to achieve.

So all that's left is to wish everyone a Happy 2014!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I follow you on IG and it's great to see you blog. Im KatandZoe on IG. I've always liked your photos but didn't know much about you.

    I had no idea you are single raising 2 kids. Wow! Good on you! I admire you a lot!

    I'm from Australia and have one daughter, Zoe 19 months. I'm married but he is away a lot. I struggle doing it on my own with 1 so good on you!

    Your blog seems really positive and I just wanted to say keep it up. I pray for a great and.prosperous 2014 for you and your beautiful children!!

    Much love
    Kat

    kathrynfry10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat,

      Thank you so much for your kind words, you have no idea how much it warms my heart to receive such a sweet message.

      I'm glad you like my pics on IG and hopefully we'll get o know each other more through IG and here on my blog.

      Lots of Luffs

      Laura x

      Delete